John 15:1-4

John 15:1-4 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Friday, March 2, 2012

Son…Daughter…Blessing

Today, 1.22.12, I saw a commercial of the moment when a mother says goodbye to her son…possibly because he was leaving for college, but honestly as my thoughts of this tender image consumed my mind, I forgot the rest of the commercial.  Their hug was just precious to me.  He was much taller than her, huge long arms, and a loving smile.  His embrace just engulfed her and her eyes welled up with tears.  I couldn’t help but image myself in that moment someday.  Up to this point, I haven’t really tried to guess what the gender of sweet-tart is, nor have I given it a lot of thought, just praying for its health and safety.  But this illustration of love between a mother and her son got me thinking how special that really is.  James and Connie have a very sweet relationship, full of love, respect, and fun.  Oh how I long for a relationship just like this.  His hugs cover her up, he speaks with kindness in his heart for her, and he has learned so much about his own faith because of her actions.  It is so easy for a “girly girl” like me to want a baby girl.  All for the fun of decorating her nursery, dressing her up, and having an excuse to play dolls again someday.  But now, my excitement to have a sweet little boy is just as much as my excitement to have a sweet little girl.

God has given me a wonderful mother/daughter relationship as well, and to experience that someday with my own little “peanut”, as my mom calls me, would be so exciting.  But truly at this point, I already have the best niece and nephew an aunt could ask for, so whatever gender little sweet-tart is will be such a blessing, and they’ll have a fantastic cousin to show them the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment