John 15:1-4

John 15:1-4 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Friday, March 2, 2012

Progress...2nd Doc Appointment

The latest on sweet-tart from our second doctor appointment on 12.29.11 was all wonderful news!  We heard the heartbeat again; it was so fast and precious.  After the Doc found it he said "wow that was fast, easier to find than usual. This is awesome, it's very strong."  We were both very pleased to hear him say that.  I had lost a little weight, but that was to be expected, but my blood pressure was fantastic.

The Doc was encouraged by my progress, He said I'm very healthy (according to my blood work done last time) and he's expecting a smooth pregnancy and delivery.
He was also so sweet to describe his recommended traveling restrictions and thoughts on genetic testing.  It was so helpful and he related everything back to the Lord and believing in life and keeping our minds free from worry. We both appreciated his take on all this; it's everything we wanted in a doctor who has a relationship with Jesus.  If you’d like a detailed explanation of why we have chosen not to do any genetic testing, please ask, I would love to share with you what we learned from Dr. Harris and why we believe this is the best decision for the Davis family.
Thanks to all of you for checking on us over this last month.  It has been a tough few weeks in our home, but I've been so thankful for how we've dealt with it.  God has given us more strength and patience than I think either of us knew we could give.  Last year as I studied Romans, this time in my life reminded me of Romans 12:3 “For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” What a humbling passage, that God gives me even my faith, that none of what I am comes from inside, but can only be given by my creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment