John 15:1-4

John 15:1-4 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Friday, March 2, 2012

Reality sinks in...1st Doc Appointment

From Thanksgiving through the beginning of December was very difficult, I was tremendously sick.  My nausea and fatigue had been very prevalent throughout most of the day, which made it difficult to eat much and even to function well.  But thankfully I have an understanding and flexible job and supportive serving husband...so with all this and by God's grace, I'm making it!  I have my down moments, but I'm learning to train my mind to eat early, quickly, and often.
Today, 12.1.11 we visited our Doctor for the first time.  We are using Dr. Steven Harris with Baylor Frisco and he was fantastic!  We absolutely felt at peace with our decision and know that God placed him in our lives about a month ago just in His perfect timing.  He was so bubbly and excited with us about the baby and the miracle it is to conceive.  You would think by now he would feel a little numb to the whole process, but not Dr. Harris, he was mesmerized by the sonogram just as much as us, explaining every detail and awing at the miracle a baby really is.
We got to see the sweet-tart’s little heartbeat fluttering on the screen, which was amazing - we didn't expect to actually see it that clearly.  Then we heard the heartbeat...which in turn made our hearts melt immediately.  It felt so real and so sweet to think that was growing inside my tummy, what a creative and generous God we love to entrust us with this duty!  Even just the sono today made all this iciness feel a little more worth it.  Seeing the start of our child’s creation couldn’t help but remind me of Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”  To think each of us was created in His image and for His kingdom just warms my heart.  That He chose us from the beginning when we all started out looking like a little sweet-tart.  Aren’t His works truly wonderful?
Dr. Harris said the uterus looked great, no tumors or cysts, the placenta is developing well, and the heartbeat was strong.  With all that, he said I'm already at a 95% chance of not miscarrying, praise the Lord for comforts like that.  I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and my due date is July 20th, 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment